Keys to Success
- 5–7 meals per day
- Each meal should consist of 5–20 grams of protein (>60g per day)
- Lean meats and low fat or non-fat dairy products
- Minimal nuts or peanut butter
- Bariatric Fusion® Meal Replacer is an excellent source of protein
- 48–60 oz. of water daily
- Flavored water, Crystal Light, Propel
- Try to avoid caffeine
- Must be chewable
- Must have chelated minerals
- Must include high levels of Vitamin B12, calcium, Vitamin D, folate, and biotin
- Bariatric Fusion® Complete Chewable Vitamin & Mineral Supplement is an ideal bariatric vitamin
- Every patient should start an exercise program
- 3–5 days per week
- Program should consist of cardio, core, balance, and resistance training
- BF–15X Exercise Routine, 3–5 Times Per Week
Benefits of eating small, frequent meals
- Frequent eating increases metabolism due to the fact that it takes energy to digest food. Some calories are burned just through the process of breaking down and absorbing food which is called the thermic effect. Therefore eating more meals a day results in more calories burned all day long just through digestion.
- Eating small meals increases metabolism. The body can only burn so many calories at a time, so the calories it can burn are burned as energy and the excess calories go to fat cells. So after a small meal is burned as energy, the body is ready to burn more calories at a faster rate.
- Eating frequently allows blood sugar levels to be held constant and prevents hunger cravings.
Benefits of drinking enough water
- Better digestion: Water is necessary for the body to digest and absorb vitamins and nutrients, such as fiber and protein.
- Flushes out toxins: Water detoxifies the liver and kidneys, and carries away waste from the body. Also keeps toxins out of the skin, making it look healthier.
- Increases energy and reduces ailments: When you are dehydrated your blood is thicker and your body has to work hard to circulate the blood. Headaches, dizziness, and fatigue can occur because of it. Staying hydrated allows you to be more alert and energized.
- Helps you lose weight: Drinking adequate water will fill you up so that you don't overeat. Also, feelings of hunger and thirst are very similar to the body. Sometimes when the body is dehydrated it signals hunger when it actually just needs water. Proper hydration reduces these "fake" hunger pangs.
© Bariatric Fusion, Inc. All rights reserved